Monday, April 16, 2012

More creations and pregnancy Update

I spent Sunday morning making some cloth wipes out of fabric scraps Mother in law had in her stash. So the wipes cost me  zilch to make. (So if you like the fabric i wont be able to promise that you can hunt it down for yourself as i have no idea how long it was in her stash , i just know its flannel). One of the fabrics is Stripey and is green & white, while the other is one that has leaves on it. I totally love the leaf one.
Charlie with my pile of freshly made Cloth Wipes


Cloth wipes are very easy to make , I just grabbed 2 squares of fabric put them right side out (so print side facing out for those who aren't up with the sewing lingo) and then i overlocked the edges. I think all up it took me 30 minutes to make them all but that was with Charlie asking me random questions every 2 seconds. 
It does feel great to slowly work my way through my to do list in sewing. Knowing I am now 24 weeks along i don't know how long i will be able to happily sit at the sewing machine for down the track. 

My Current To Do list for sewing is:
make 30 approx of these Newborn/small fitted nappies and about 7 covers (pattern is free too so thats a plus)
about 10-20 more cloth wipes
* knowing me I will add a bunch more to the list *

this was taken when i was 23 weeks and 3 days


Pregnancy Update:
So far everything is going great. I feel great.  I do get the joys of daily braxton hicks lately.  I have another ultrasound to check on the position of the placenta in 6-8 weeks so after that i will know if my water birth is possible (fingers crossed placenta has shifted as at the moment it is marginal placenta previa i had that with charlie but it moved by 28 weeks with him).
Today I am 24 weeks and 2 days, i realised on saturday i am nearing the start of the third trimester... the home stretch... this whole pregnancy seems to have gone so fast.  Its both scary to think how fast its flown by but also exciting at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment