Thursday, December 6, 2012

#reverb day 6: what I learnt



Day 6 question:
Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?
Its not finished yet. I promise
i will post a pic of the finished dress!

taken while I was in hospital.
I've learnt how to make tutu dresses and pettiskirts. I love making the tutu dresses they are quite fun to make. I have learnt I can not knit to save myself, at the rate I am going I will not finish a scarf or a square untill i am 200 years old! hahaha


Me on facebook while in hospital.
I also learnt how to run a CTG machine, after using them that often, I think i could use one on myself blindfolded. haha. I also learnt the max amount of days the hospital pathology could keep my blood sample on record was 7 days (it was a blood type test incase I ended up needing a transfusion so i had that test once a week pretty much ).

At the start of 2012, I was still fresh from moving back to Victoria, eagerly hoping to reconnect with friends and family.By June I had learnt which ones actually want to be in my life, they were the ones ringing, texting, facebook messaging me daily while I was in hospital, some even came to visit. Sadly, in that whole month I was in hospital not one of my parents or siblings visited. I'm not one to hold grudges, so i've forgiven them, but i've made it known that hurt me.



2012 has been full of highs and lows, people coming and going from my life. I have learnt so many things this year.

I learnt I am strong. I am more then a mum, more then a spouse....

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks it is not finished yet i have since added lace and ribbons to the tutu bit and put lace straps on the top bit instead of pink, once it is all finished i plan to blog all the photos i have taken as i have made it :)

      Delete