Monday, December 17, 2012

#Reverb12 day 16: who inspired me

Day 16 Question:
Who inspired you in 2012? And why?
What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2013?


Aaron on christmas day in 2005 or 2006.
Allan is in the background.
Aaron with Cody in 2006
I guess I was inspired by a few different people this year: my brother Aaron (who passed away in 2007), my friend Cel, my friend Tess, my partner Allan and there is probably others but I'm just going off the top of my head.

One of the biggest lessons Aaron taught me and a lot of others was don't judge a book by its cover, Aaron was a bit of a gothic who had several piercings and occasionally wore eye make up, but underneath all that outward appearance he was the same cheeky boy I grew up with.

Aaron also taught me, life can change in an instant. He was also a dreamer, if someone said "wouldn't it be cool if I did this..." He would be the cheer squad saying do it, what are you waiting for ?

Cel, is amazing. She was always not far away via text or phone even though she was often going through a tough time herself. She was one of the first people who taught me about GF/CF diet and bio med treatments. (Cel if you read this you really are awesome )

I look forward to seeing Cel at my wedding. I also think 2013 shall be the year of recipe swapping (Hint Hint)

Tess has been my friend since high school, we met in year 10 Indonesian class. We were probably unlikely ever to become friends had we not met that day. We both have a twisted sense of humour .

I look forward to more jokes from Tess and catching up with her sometime.

Allan inspires me in so many ways. 2013 will be the year we say I do. Celebrating our love for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment