Wednesday, December 19, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 19: How I nourished Myself



Day 19 Question:
How did you nourish your beautiful body in 2012?
What self-care practices will you take with you into 2013?

 During 2012, I paid more attention to what my body needed when it comes to diet, emotional well being etc.  I took up yoga once again.  I read Buddhism for mothers (great book I can not say how awesome it is enough).
   
      I think the fact, I am big on the whole love yourself inside and out, helped a lot when it comes to the csection birth of Alistair. I could be down in the dumps about the scar or the fact theres a slight overhang bit now, but i honestly don't care. I have had 4 babies, my body has changed since i was a teen, as it should because I am far healthier now then when i was a teen.

I try to live by this, sometimes I have to remind myself
but I am human after all.
For nourishing myself inside, I tried to eat as healthy as possible, though many will attest to the fact I am open about consuming a lot of junk food (dr pepper cherry is one of my favourite drinks)  that area is something I know I should work on, but I took it one step at a time. I looked at where i lacked things in my diet and added things that were Low GI high protein etc, i added as much fruit and vege as possible.  i am still a work in progress as you can tell. I want to one day kick the white stuff (refined sugar), I am caffeine free though (yes i will break it randomly to have a dr pepper haha).

For nourishing myself emotionally, I really had to focus on removing the toxic people in my life , who are there to do nothing but be toxic and just plain awful.

Nourishing myself mentally, well I started this blog. I love to write. I could write anything 24/7. I also have tried to nourish my life, my relationships with others. because this helps nourish me internally.

To nourish myself outside, I try to use natural based products.  One of my favourite blogs Little Eco Footprints has heaps of blog posts with recipes on sustainable skin care (check this link out) . Its another work in progress but I plan to try and make things for my skin next year more often.  I also have read all the awesome uses for coconut oil and hope to use that more too to nourish myself.



1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete