Tuesday, December 25, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 25: How Will I Be Vulnerable



Day 25 Question:
How will you be vulnerable?

The soft white underbelly, the flaw in the armor, the Achilles' heel -- weaknesses are what make us the most human, the most beautiful.

Next year, how will you tend to your vulnerabilities? How will you build them a shelter from the storm? How will you put them through physical therapy? How will you find a way to make them work to your advantage?


I think my vulnerability would be for many, I've been left to my own devices and left out or forgotten when it comes to family things, things like deb balls, engagement parties, birthday parties etc. I'm not invited. I often put on a brave face about it, make jokes but it does hurt. It makes me feel like I'm an orphan almost. Because of this I've learnt to not rely on others. If I need to do something I do it myself rather then ask for help, because I learnt growing up usually the people you ask to help will not want to help or they will do a half hearted attempt and bitch about having to help you behind your back.

How will I tend to this vulnerability? I guess I will remind myself , I can pick my friends but not my family, and friends are often more like family then actual family. So I will surround myself with people who actually want to be in my life, people who want to be in it out of choice not because they feel obligated due to being related,. People who encourage me, support me, cheer me on as much as I encourage, support and cheer for them.

How will I build a shelter from the storm? I guess, just make sure my friends are there for me when I need them.

How will I put them through physical therapy? I will embrace friendships and strengthen them.

How will I find a way to make them to work to my advantage? I think the only advantage would be if I was to become a foster carer or a youth worker or some sort of mentor to youth in care, I have been a mentor in the past where I mentored children who's parents had a mental illness. I would like to foster teens when my boys are teens. I know some people think "ohh why would you want to foster teens? They could be dangerous or on drugs etc"
Many teens are just scared and lonely in the system. No one wants to really foster them because they aren't little. So that's my goal one day it's a good 13+ years away but I will get there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment