Friday, December 28, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 28: Overcoming Those Fears



Day 28 Question:
Think of three things that daunted you in 2012: how are you going to work towards overcoming them in 2013?

I have a fear of needles, yes it is a bit odd considering I have a few facial piercings (I used to have more piercings but took them out) , I had to face that fear daily for about 6 weeks this year. The good thing is I no longer pass out from the sight of them. But having injections pretty much daily and cannulas put in every 3 days and blood taken every 3 days you end up having to suck it up and just deal with it.

Another fear I had this year was of my csection, it frightened me. I knew the risks of my csection and my mind played so many what if scenarios in my head, the biggest fear I had was I would have to be put under a general anesthetic. Luckily that didn't happen and when things did start to take a turn for the worse the OB was on to it quickly to fix it.

My other fear would be a fear I have for my mum, I often fear her mental health will end up killing her, I have had that fear since I was 10. So for almost 20 years.

My way of overcoming these fears and any others in 2013, will be just to face them head on.


“If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry.”
~Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment