Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#Reverb12 day 4: How Will I celebrate Me?




Reverb12 Day 4's question:
How are you going to celebrate your self this festive season?





In all honesty, I have no idea. I'm the sort that mainly puts everyone else before myself. It's bad I know, because I often forget about my needs etc.

This year, I became a mum of 4 boys. Adding one more to the mix has been a great learning curve and joyful experience.

This year has been anxiety attack free, a great accomplishment in my eyes, because there were so many moments I could have had attacks. But my stressful moments were full of supportive individuals who made sure, I didn't have an attack.

So, in a way I have a few things about me, that I can celebrate. Maybe I will have a glass of wine once the boys are in bed and put my feet up, watch some tv and eat chocolate.

I also will celebrate that I have not let my past define me. Instead I have learnt from it and choose to not dwell on it, but offer support to those in similar circumstances. it took me a long time to realise, I was not defined by my past or circumstances.


No comments:

Post a Comment