Friday, December 28, 2012

#Reverb12 Day27: How I will honor my creativity


Day 27 Question:
How did you make time for creativity in 2012?

Looking back, is there one creative time or one particular creation that stands out for you? (Maybe you could share it here?)

How will you continue (or start) making time and space for your creative passions in 2013?

I tried to cram in unscheduled time to see etc it resulted in projects going unfinished due to not getting time again for ages. I have concluded 2013, will have scheduled set time for sewing.

Looking back in the past I was more creative pre-Kids. I was in theatre productions, fringe festivals, I socialized with a lot of people who were creative , musicians, actors, street performers, circus performers, writers, artists... I was surrounded by creativity but as the years went by everyone drifted away to new places or new ventures.

some of the crystals
pic of the dress minus waistband
My most recent creation is a tutu dress that has several layers of tulle, stretch lace, ribbon and chiffon in it. It also has 240 Swarovski crystals in 3 shades of pink on it, the crystals took me hours to put on.although I still haven't finished the waistband yet and I need to fix the straps as it turned out they were too tight, so it's not quite finished. I have enjoyed making it.

2013, will see more things being made with the launch of my label Akira. So scheduling time will be essential.





the waistband


No comments:

Post a Comment