Wednesday, December 5, 2012

#Reverb12 Day5: my dream destination













Day 5 question :
What was your dream destination in 2012 and why?














Santa in ROVANIEMI, LAPLAND (link for info)
For quite sometime now, I have wanted to visit Finland. I don't know the language or much about the culture, but for some reason I'm drawn to the country.

I'd like to live there for a few months. From what I have read about the Finnish schooling system, it sounds way better then Australia's current system.

I also have a dream of visiting, china & Japan and living there for a few months. Can you see a pattern forming? Haha. I think if I had my way, we would be gypsies who traveled the globe.

I learnt Chinese (mandarin) for 3 years in high school and learnt Japanese for 4 years. I also learnt Indonesian for 3 years and Italian for 7 years. These days, I have almost forgotten everything I have learnt.

Charlie & Alistair visiting the
 land of sleep in 2012.
I guess I have a few dream destinations , the main one is Finland. If you had asked me this question, 6 years ago, I would have told you about the grand plan my younger brother and I had schemed up, we had decided one day we would visit Europe. He wanted to visit aushwitz after learning about it from a book. There was also a pub in England he wanted to visit , sadly that trip won't happen unless I go alone, as he died in 2007.

Some days though , my dream destination is the land of sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment