Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blog Dare Post...

The Blog Dare on Bloggy Moms


Blog Dare Prompt: 


I was young...

I was young when I moved out of home, not by choice. I was placed in foster care at the age of 10.  I spent from age 10 -18 in the system.  For a few years, I did struggle with being different to the other kids my age, they had 2 parents at home, while I was living with my aunt and didn't always see my mum (due to mental health issues) and my father hadn't been on the scene since I was an infant. 

For a while I hated both my parents, yes hated them. I hated that they were not there for me. That I was alone and left to make sense of the world on my own. 

I moved into a unit on my own just before my 18th birthday,  I had spent my teen years knowing my mum was often attempting suicide, to me it was the norm to explain where my mum was.  I have come to realise that despite my childhood & teen years I have turned out pretty darn awesome. I am very independent . 





No comments:

Post a Comment