Saturday, December 14, 2013

Reverb 13: Day 13 Alchemy



Prompt:
The phrase “It takes a village” is often bandied about, in reference to child-rearing, running a business, just about everything. But if you’re anything like me, you may not be a natural born collaborator.

In 2014, how could you explore what community means to you?

It might be a question of sharing the load, asking for help or signing on someone with a complementary skill set. Or it could be about a creative collaboration that pushes you to explore new ideas and media.

Where might the alchemy be?



In 2014, i will be learning about community from a social worker point of view, via a work placement and also from my studies. To me, since I live in a city that has more then 38 ethnic groups  and a large population , I would like to learn about Diversity in the community & how this works (or in some cases doesn't work).

I also run a local support group for parents/carers of special needs children this is based online.   This has created a network of support and also has people from within the disability sector in the group. It is a great resource for parents. I never actually thought it would become this large.




I guess for me, 2014 will be the year where I take time to help everyone and anyone who needs it. I tend to think that people come into your life for a reason, although the reason or lesson is not always easily seen or understood straight away , time reveals it eventually.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like 2014 will be a rich and rewarding year, as well as a steep learning curve.
    Remember to look after your self first and foremost, though. If you're exhausted and depleted, you'll have little to offer the world. We need you rested and nourished so that you can do the great things you're destined to do! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i think I need to remind myself to look after myself, as well as take time out for me. You are so right.

      Delete