Tuesday, December 17, 2013

reverb13 : day 17: its my word





Prompt:
What word did you select to be your travelling companion in 2013? What gifts did this word bring?

What word will you choose to guide you through 2014? What do you hope it will bring into your life?




My 2013 word was Compassion.  By being compassionate to others you can really see things from their point of view even if they are being utter jerks to you.  Mindfulness and compassion can go a long way in life.

I think the word also led me to choosing to study Community services.

I think my word for 2014 will be Peace. I think this because I try to avoid conflict, its my nature, and i like to fix things. If i can be the peace keeper for something i will. I hope for it to just make 2014 a smooth sail. 




4 comments:

  1. Jess! Such endearing and meaningful words: COMPASSION and PEACE! I really like the image of the girl running in the field and the permission to be "weird" and "random." I think one thing I want more than anything in the world is to be accepted for who I am. Thank you for this blog post! You have brought me PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) i think we are kindred spirits. So similar.

      Delete
  2. It seems logical to follow compassion with peace... especially when you think that self-compassion is such an important part of the latter! x

    ReplyDelete