Monday, December 2, 2013

Reverb13: day 2



Prompt: The way we nourish ourselves determines our ability to shine our light in the world. And nourishment doesn't just come in the form of food and drink and sunshine; it's equally important to nourish your spirit.

What made your soul feel most nourished this year?

I would say for a while I neglected my self, I put myself last. This led to stretching myself too thin, winding up with toxic individuals sapping the positivity out of me. I ended up realizing you need to refill that bucket inside you, that little bucket of joy, hope, positivity & happiness. You need to care for that bucket.

Yesterday we took a family trip down the great ocean road. Stopping at Erskine falls in Lorne and at Apollo bay. Taking that time to just get away and do nothing is lovely. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i love the ocean luckily where I live is coastal.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I have found a kindred spirit in you! Love your photos! Take a look at my post for REVERB13 for day #2: What Nourishes Your Soul?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the photos using an iphone i am amazed iphones have such great quality , i cant help imagine how great photos would be if i had a fancy camera. once my youngest is asleep i plan to go through all the link lists and comment on each person's posts :)

      Delete
  3. "you need to care for the bucket" ... yes! I think I will borrow that as my mantra. Leaving ourselves off the list seems to be a common theme among women, especially mothers.

    ReplyDelete