Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Reverb13: day3 listen to your heart

PromptToday, I want to share with you a life-changing practice I discovered with the help of Rachael Maddox during her gorgeous Do It Meaningfully challenge.


Each day for 31 days, I sat quietly for a few moments with my eyes closed and my hand on my heart and asked, “Heart: what do you need?”


And then I listened. Sometimes the answer cam in the form of a word. Sometimes an image. Sometimes a sensation.


Try this today. What does your heart have to tell you?

My heart is saying "Jess go throw some paint on a canvas. Get it all messy like". 

It also tells me that I have made the right choice in doing a diploma of community services in my year off from university.i can use my life expirences and help others.



In June (on my birthday actually ) my mother ceased all contact with me. I had suspected she didn't want much to do with me when she had to be dragged to my wedding in February. Then in September, the rest of the family decided to not speak to me. I guess for me,  family support and family in general are missing. But my heart knows, they can not be happy for me nor accept my positivity. 

I would love to live in a coastal town such as Apollo bay, a sea change would be awesome. The only thing stopping us from moving is the fact, jobs are hard to come by in that area. 



For me I have decided next year I will start a memory jar, I saw this idea on Facebook (it may also be on Pinterest I have no idea) but the idea is every few days you jot down positive memories (things that make you laugh, or happy etc) and then on New Year's Eve you read these notes with your family. 

I've also decided to try and be more organised (yes I say this every year haha but I mean it this time yes I say I mean it every year too haha) . 

I plan to just enjoy each moment, and find something to take delight in each day. 


6 comments:

  1. Such a brave and beautiful post! Inspiring to me! Thanks for sharing the idea of a positivity jar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the jar idea i wish i could find the picture i saw on facebook but i can not for the life of me find it.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Jess. That rejection from your family must have really broken your heart.
    Your strength awes me. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was hard but now I think I'm more at peace with it.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your words - I love that you are dealing with your heartbreak with art and service - what a wonderful way to heal.

    ReplyDelete