Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Reverb13 day4: grief




Prompt :

This past year, we have all experienced so much loss and experienced so much grief -- in relationships, through sickness and death, from mental illness or abuse, because of finances, even due to the need for healthy change.

It is good to honor those shifts, to fully feel them, so that we can let go of what needs surrendered, and remember what is worthy of our love and gratitude.

 

What have you lost, what are you grieving?



Yesterday, I briefly touched on the loss of family support in my life. That is the main loss I expierenced this year. No one has died in my life.  Sadly, the common link with each family member deciding to. Leave my life, is their mental health issues. Their story is not mine to tell and I want to respect their privacy. 

In March, I was homeless. Luckily, we were able to secure a rental property quickly(which is now for sale grr) .  


If anything this year has taught me, family is not always blood related. True family are the ones who stick by you through thick & thin. I am happy to say I class many close friends as family (some of them even read my blog). 


I tend to try not to dwell on the negative because it only makes me feel down, and isn't very productive. I would rather use my life lessons to help others in similar situations.



6 comments:

  1. I once heard this described as the "family of intention", that is, the people you find and relationships you cultivate with your true tribe, the people who really get you.
    Some people are fortunate enough to have people they are related to by blood in this "family". But I suspect they are not in the majority in the world.
    You are an inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the years I have found great pleasure in my extended family or family of intention that Kat mentioned above. Sending you warm light and hugs from Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing and allowing us to walk this journey with you through your words.

    ReplyDelete