Thursday, February 27, 2014

It's ok to not be okay

Sometimes, when people say "how are you?" , we reply "good" or "okay" but do we really mean it or are we simply saying this to avoid an in depth conversation on something that has been bothering us? 
It's okay to not be okay.
It's okay to say "I'm not ok".

Things do get better. 

Today Ali & I went to an ADHD support group.  It was nice to sit with other parents who know that feeling of where you just feel like giving up at times, that feeling of what the hell did I do ? Where did I go wrong? 
I realized I am harder on myself then other people are on me. In fact, others probably think how do you manage to do that? When they hear I have 4 boys, let alone throwing ADHD , aspergers, auditory & sensory processing disorders and anxiety into the mix amongst the children.  I manage with humour. 

The bad days often are followed by good days and that keeps me going. 





No comments:

Post a Comment