Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 1


Prompt:
 Today's one word prompt is:

Courage

What feelings does this word evoke? What sorts of memories does it recall? Which of your senses start to tingle? How would you represent what this word means to you?


When I think of Courage, i think of change and opportunities,  I think of facing  Barriers head on. I guess, you could say I see it as being brave in a moment were you may want to throw in the towel.  
 Memories it invokes are times where I  plucked courage to do something or face something.  For example, Alistair's Birth  I found courage  to face that  even though it scared the crap out of me. When I was 12, I found the courage to, choose where I wanted to live ( I chose an Aunt who was a single mum of 1), despite my mum not getting along with the person I chose, and it meant changing schools and moving house again etc.  I have moved states twice with children in tow.  That is a bit of a feat, that i do not want to attempt any time soon. 
Courage to me, is facing those obstacles head on and telling them "No I am stronger, I am better then this, I will get through this , I will Roar" (Yes, I am listening to Katy Perry's Roar, at the moment while Alistair dances)

No comments:

Post a Comment