Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 3

Pic Source link

Today's one word prompt is:

Home

What feelings does this word evoke? What sorts of memories does it recall? Which of your senses start to tingle? How would you represent what this word means to you

Well for me right now Home is a fort of boxes. I am in the middle of moving house. I have boxes everywhere. I do not think there is a room without boxes in it.  I never realised how much stuff I owned until it got packed into boxes. Note to self: Declutter and quit hoarding stuff.

To me home is where My children and husband are. We could be living out of suitcases  and travelling from hotel to hotel and it would still be home to me.

Home growing up for me, wasn't always a happy one.  I was a foster child, so my home was  one in the system.  But I have come out of that as well adjusted adult.  


I remember making vegetarian lasgana with my cousin, the smells of the lasgana cooking filling the house. And the one time we almost burnt the kitchen down (oops), my cousin was 3 years , almost 4 years younger then me and  went on to become a head chef. 

Home is family. Family is home.


No comments:

Post a Comment