Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 5: Focus





Today's one word prompt is:

Focus

What feelings does this word evoke? What sorts of memories does it recall? Which of your senses start to tingle? How would you represent what this word means to you?

I am writing this  after only having 1 coffee , so if it doesn't make sense I am sorry.  To me the word, Focus, is a remind to look at  what really matters to you.  Be it, family, friends, health, life in general, your goals etc. Sometimes you need to stop, breathe and ask yourself "is this where I really want to be? Is this making me happy? is this what I want ?"

Recently, I asked myself those questions and set about making goals for myself, in various aspects of my life.  I plan to set up a vision board in the office/study of my new house.  (check out How to make a Vision Board for ideas on what they are and how to make one too, or just search Pinterest).




Sometimes, we need a gentle reminder to focus on family etc.Because we miss things or we simply are just taking it for granted. Things like cellphones, can lead to distraction. We make ourselves more available to others , but at what cost?
Dear Mom on the Iphone  really made my eyes open on the topic.  I am no perfect parent, I am very well known for always having my phone in hand. Reading that article, made me think , is this what others see when they look at me?
So I have started leaving my phone on the bench, I have started turning it off at set times at night.  At first ti was hard to not just quickly grab my iphone to check facebook or instagram etc.  But those notifications will always be there when I log back in. My almost 21 month old son won't be so small forever, and  he won't always want to  show me  his matchbox car collection.

I love to take photos, I often take photos with my Iphone. So one of my goals is to  buy a camera.  I am a huge fan of the candid shots, the ones that aren't posed  and seem to e taken when no one is aware.  My theory is, if i get a camera I wont need my iphone as much.

I have noticed that if you surround yourself with people who are focused on positive things that energy , transfers to you and your outlook is a happy one. But if you have negative circle around you, you will feel like you will not get anywhere, that energy around you will suck the good vibes from you.

1 comment:

  1. There's a chance you're qualified to get a free Apple iPhone 7.

    ReplyDelete