Friday, April 11, 2014

School holiday Fun





It is school holidays currently for our boys, they go back to school to start Term 2 on the 23rd of April. Surprisingly, this school holidays so far there have been no fights, no bickering. (I can't tell you what magic holy grail potion i have found as i do not know what has waved it's magic on the boys)

Today We took the boy to visit the Geelong Playspace playground. It was Allan, Cody, Tyson & Charlie's first visit there and they all loved the playspace.

At the moment, We are busy preparing for Cody's upcoming 9th birthday and also moving house.Luckily, our new house is only a few streets away so moving with 4 kids in tow won't be overly stressful.

Yesterday the boys watched "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2" and "Planes" , they didn't really like Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, but loved Planes.

School Holidays has given me a chance to reflect upon some things.  It has also given us all a much needed chance to slow down and relax. Sometimes, the fast pace and busy schedules take its toll. I have set myself a few goals in various areas, I plan to make a vision board for them once we are in the new house.

I am looking forward to moving into our new house, it is bigger then our current home, which means the boys will have a play room, I can have a home office/study.

Today, I bumped into one of my first foster carers. I hadn't seen him for approx 16 years, He remembered me and I was so happy to catch up with him, and introduce the boys to him.  This carer, always told me when I was younger, " One day Jess, You will do great things in the world. The head on your shoulders is wise".  He and his wife were awesome foster carers, they took on my 4 siblings and I when they were already kinship carers to 3 children, so they had 8 kids aged 11 and under in their home.  I still keep in contact with the 3 children who lived there with us, they are now all grown up and working in different industries in different states.  Facebook helps us keep in contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment